September 26, 2010

Sailor take warning

Rather ominous red sunrise turned into not such a stormy day... though it's not over yet.  But the sounds of hail at dawn did turn out to be a flicker testing out the acoustic properties of the roof. :)

Slowly, slowly getting my feet back under me... literally.  Friday I had feeling in both feet!!! Gives me hope.

Soaping research today, making applesauce, napping in a sunbeam as though I was a cat.  Tomorrow: mowing the farmyard, I hope.  I am having a tendency to overdo, but am grateful for the energy to try to overdo. 

Our last outdoor market is this upcoming Saturday, then we shift into a more quiet mode as we work against the clock for Fall.  Still no hard, killing frost yet, which is so very strange I can't put it into words.  I may yet have time to get into the ground the plants I need to for the winter; seed catalogs are arriving, and I'm sketching out a list for spring, which seems impossibly far away right now.

2 comments:

Laurie Brown said...

Good to see you post again! I've been worried about you.

I'm surprised we haven't had a killing frost yet, too, especially given how early we had *almost* frost. I brought all the gingers/bird of paradise/etc all in then, and now they are already leggy and unhappy...

Judith said...

Thanks, Laurie! It's a long journey. This weird autumn is like being in a dream, isn't it? I find I'm not minding it--and yes, my gingers and sages and geraniums are peevish, too.