June 15, 2010

Out of Office

...I don't actually have an office, of course ;)  but health concerns and family obligations will keep me away from nursery things for the rest of the month.  I hope to be back at full energy by late summer, but recuperating is taking a lot longer than I thought.  Shipping is continuing as I am able, and I appreciate people's amazing patience. 

The cold wet spring has morphed into a wet early summer--we've had 4" of rain in about three weeks, which is odd for here---and the plants' schedules are vastly messed up; lilacs aren't done, peonies are nearly over, tomatoes and beans are rotting in the ground.  When the heat came it came like flicking a switch, requiring the shadecloth be put on in panic-mode for the sake of the plants in the greenhouse (and the frogs in there too).  Finally though with the sun, cuttings are rooting and propagated things leafing out with vigor; seedlings are beginning to catch up.

0 comments: